Thursday, August 27, 2009

Watch what you tell your kids

Recently I wrote a post about Dragonflies & how I grew up being afraid of them & how I thought they were called Sewing needles. Today my Dad is over helping A cut up some wood. We were out on the deck & my Dad says "Look @ the sewing needles" (dragonflies). So I say "What? is that how I got that? Did you teach me that they were called Sewing needles"? So he said "Yeah, they sew up your lips". I guess he told me that when I was little. So watch what you tell you kids because they really do take you seriously & believe what you say.

3 comments:

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

Oh man!! What a story. Good thing you know where that came from. Dads are funny.

The Queen of Clearance said...

lol. you should watch what you say in front of your kids for sure! They always pick up on the little things!

Scrappy Girl said...

I totally know what you mean...I have a couple stories in my mind that I am not sure are totally true..thanks to my grandparents...LOL! Thanks for visiting my blog...TGIF!