Monday, December 11, 2017
Saturday, December 9, 2017
So today we got our 1st real snow storm of the season. I'm not sure how much we got. At least 3 inches. We had to go out tonight because we had a birthday party to go to. It was a Glow in the Dark party. It was pretty cool. During the day I wrote out some Christmas cards & wrapped a few presents. I kind of wanted to stay in & stay cozy, but these friends we haven't seen for just about 2 years & we don't live too far from each other. So it was nice to see them. I didn't get any pics of the snow.
We decided to move to Nh to have a bigger house & bigger yard for less $. It's been 10 years today that we lived here. I still in my mind, live in MA, not sure why. Maybe because we live so close to there or because there are always tons of MA people in our stores because we have no sales tax. So much has changed. Tara will be in middle school next year. We've had friends come & go. I'm ready to meet some stay at home Moms that craft or like to take little adventures while our kids are in school. But I love our neighborhood & I love it here in the Summer. We are close to Ma & an hour or so from Maine. We have a town beach. It's a small town. I know that people at the post office & they know me & the people at Shaws & Osco drug & the gift shops etc... All the small businesses here are run by friendly/nice people. There's no where else that I would rather raise my daughter. Well maybe Florida, but I think she will be out of school by the time we move to FL.
Our house in early Summer.
Our house in early Summer.
Thursday, December 7, 2017
1. Real or Fake Tree~Fake tree. I've only had 1 real tree. I would like to get a real tree again, so Tara could see what it's like to pick out a tree.
2. Fave Christmas cookie~Sugar cookie
3. Home or travel on Christmas morning~Home. I think it's good for kids to be able to be home for Christmas. Our family comes to our house. We have the biggest house out of our family.
4. White or colored lights~Colored lights, but we have white lights on our tree because they came hitched to it.
5. Send Christmas cards~Yes, I send out cards every year. At least 60 cards.
6. Fave present received~I'm not really sure what my fave present received was. I usually tell my hubby what I want or pick it out or buy it myself.
7. Fave present given~Probably the Barbie jeep that we got Tara when she was like 4.
8. Stockings~Yes. Even the cats & my cat that passed away, JoJo, still has her stocking up & the hermit crabs have tiny stockings.
9. Christmas pjs~no
10. Fave Christmas Carol~Christmas Eve Sarajavo by Transiberian orchestra.
11. Fave Holiday tradition~Listening to Transiberian orchestra & drinking egg nog with rum, but we haven't had the egg nog with rum for a few years.
12. Early shopper or last minute~I'm kind of in between.
13. Fave Christmas movie or show~Elf
14. Fave Holiday beverage~Egg nog with rum
15. Cookies & Milk for Santa~Yes.
Wednesday, December 6, 2017
Monday, December 4, 2017
Sunday, December 3, 2017
Saturday, December 2, 2017
So it's December already. I'm kind of looking forward to this year being over, just because I think good things are going to happen in 2018. Not that 2017 was a bad year, I think it was pretty good.
Not a whole lot going on this month. A few birthday parties & getting together with friends to exchange X-mas presents. Working on cleaning out my office & bringing stuff to Good Will. Hoping to work on my bedroom closet. I need to get a shoe rack. I think I am doing a December Daily book. I have the book. I will need to get photos printed for it. We haven't had any snow yet, just a few flurries 1 night, but they are saying we might have snow next weekend. I was hoping we wouldn't get any snow until January. A few years in a row we didn't have any snow until January, which was kind of nice since I'm not a fan of snow.
Friday, December 1, 2017
Thursday, November 30, 2017
This book is about a woman that has a standoffish neighbor & has trouble with him. She ends up deciding to "Kill him with Kindness" & starts a blog to chronicle the kind things she does. She starts to fall for him, but isn't sure if she should tell him about the blog. I thought I might like this since I write a blog.
My last book that I finished last night, I only gave 3 stars on Goodreads. It was about a murder in a mansion, but the whole book was them in the mansion trying to figure out who the murderer was.