Wednesday, August 23, 2017
Tuesday, August 22, 2017
I got a Clinique moisturizer with a kit that I bought. I like this a lot.
I've noticed a few new brown spots lately, so I've been using this. It has vitamin C & E. It seems to be helping somewhat. I have been wearing spf since I was 30 on my face.
Sunday, August 20, 2017
1. I'm really bad at doing hair. I wanted a daughter really bad so I could practice doing hair, but she won't let me touch her hair.
2. I hate wearing glasses. I wore contacts for 30 years, had eye surgery & it didn't help, so now I am back to wearing glasses all-the-time, after all these years. It sucks big time.
3. I'm a cat person. You probably already knew that if you've checked out my blog.
4. My favorite colors are purple, blue & pink.
5. I hate mushrooms, eggplant & peas.
6. I haven't eaten red meat or pork since 1984.
7. I didn't have the chicken pox until I was 27.
8. I grew up in the city, in the suburbs of Boston. I have a horrible Boston accent.
9. I have always wanted to move somewhere that's warm year-round. I get seasonal depression starting September 1st. So coming up soon.
10. I don't like sports. I think they are all so boring.
Saturday, August 19, 2017
Friday, August 18, 2017
We went camping yesterday overnight. I'm not a camper, so I only planned on staying overnight. We knew it was going to rain all day today. So this morning it was pouring heavy downpours. My hair was soaked & my pants. I didn't bring sneakers, so I only had my flip flops on & my feet were dirty & cold. So I couldn't wait to get home. Anthony brought me home around 2:30. We are only around 45 minutes away from Pawtuckaway. Anthony & Tara are staying there until Sunday. So a quiet/relaxing weekend for me.
When we checked in, the ranger showed us this walking stick bug. I don't think I ever saw 1 in person before.
Making slime at the camp site & selling it. I think they made like $6. They split it.
Wednesday, August 16, 2017
Lately I've been trying to step out of my comfort zone & do some things that I wouldn't normally do. Having Fibromyalgia you feel awkward a lot. You feel a bit dizzy & lose your balance & noise bothers you, so sometimes you avoid certain things. So I'm trying harder to not let my anxiety stop me from doing certain things. I'm trying to stay calmer & tell myself that I can do it. Whatever that is. We'll be going to meet Tara's new teacher on August 28th. So that means traffic, loud kids & crowds. But hey no big deal right? Well to me it kind of is, but I can do it. I'm trying to think positive about it. Some things you just have to do, so you have to deal with it & get it over with. Then you feel better that you did it. With anything remember that you can do it, face it head on & be proud that you did it.
Tuesday, August 15, 2017
Summer is so close to being over. It makes me so sad. We have a few weeks to try to do the things on our Bucket list. We will be going camping overnight later this week. Still haven't gone on a bike ride or to town beach or our rail trail, but we might still make it. Mercury is retrograde, so that can make travel plans not go so well. Always be careful traveling during retrograde. I am already feeling it. I've been kind of down & gloomy the past few days, but the weather doesn't help.
Monday, August 14, 2017
We found out who Tara has for a teacher on Friday. She knows who she is. Hopefully she'll like her. She also found out that she has 3 of her best friends in her class this year, so she is really excited. 1 is on the bus with her, so they'll be together a lot. She goes back August 30th. Counting down.
Saturday, August 12, 2017
Friday, August 11, 2017
I'm linking up this week for Friday Favorites.
1. These new sugar skull shorts from Walmart. They were on clearance for $5. They are really comfy & have pockets.
2. Our garden & flowers. Our tomato plants are getting so tall. They are starting to turn color. They seem to be late this year. The sunflowers are getting tall too.
3. My new Julie G nailpolish. I will be posting it in a few weeks. I want to do a few fun nail manis for the end of Summer.
4. Dove shower foam. I love any foam soap, so this makes me really happy. I got the cucumber & green tea scent.
5. Love & Light hand cream from Lush. A friend gave it to me & I really like it.