Prep Time: 20 min Cook time: 10 min Total time: 30 min
Bean Soup ready in 10 minutes is may kind of soup! Make a double batch and have plenty of leftovers for the weekly dinner rush!
Course: Dinner, Soup
Keyword: Bean Soup
Servings: 10 people
Calories: 94 kcal
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 6-8 cloves garlic minced
- 6 cups vegetable broth (or stock)
- 15 ounces (420 g) can diced tomatoes, drained*
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Italian dried herbs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 (15 ounce) cans white beans (cannellini beans), drained and rinsed
- 4 cups baby spinach (about 6 ounces)
- 3/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese (for serving)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- In a large pot or saucepan, heat olive over medium high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook until onions are translucent and garlic is fragrant (about 2-3 minutes), while stirring occasionally. Add in the broth, tomatoes, sugar, Italian herbs, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes to combine all of the flavours together.
- Stir in the beans and spinach. Continue to simmer gently until the spinach has wilted, (about 2 minutes).
- Take off heat. Stir through the parmesan cheese. Taste test, adjust salt and pepper if needed.
Recipe Notes*Substitute canned tomatoes for 3 fresh tomatoes, diced
10-Minute Parmesan White Bean Soup with Spinach
Amount Per Serving
Calories 94 Calories from Fat 45
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5g 8%
Saturated Fat 2g 10%
Cholesterol 11mg 4%
Sodium 360mg 15%
Potassium 198mg 6%
Total Carbohydrates 7g 2%
Dietary Fiber 11g 44%
Protein 5g 10%
Vitamin A 33.9%
Vitamin C 12.5%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
© 2017 CAFE DELITES. All rights reserved. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.
10 minute white bean parmesan spinach soup