Wednesday, January 27, 2021
Friday, January 22, 2021
It's Friday again. I'm always so happy to see you Friday.
1. Washi tape from Hobby Lobby. I wanted some new fun washi tape for letters, my planner & my journal. So I ordered these online.
2. Buxom mascara. This is my fave new mascara. It makes my lashes look a lot longer.
3. Faux plant. I'm a plant lady (real plants, not fake), but I recently redecorated my office & got rid of a few things, so I feel like I have empty spots. I saw this at Target & I think it looks pretty good for a fake plant. It was $5 in the dollar section.
4. Spending time with my daughter. She gets a venom shot every Friday. She gets the shot & we sit in the car for an hour & then she runs in & the nurse checks her arm. I have to be honest, it has been a pain going. We've been going since August & I think it will be until April. Most Fridays I'm busy doing housework & have to stop doing things to bring her, but it is giving us time to spend together. She just turned 13 & 1/2 yesterday. Time is flying by.
Have a happy weekend. Any plans?
Tuesday, January 19, 2021
Crunchy salsa chicken bake
1 box (12 shells) yellow corn taco shells or whole grain taco shells, broken into pieces
1 bag (20 ounces) cubed, cooked chicken
1 packet (1.25 ounces) reduced-sodium taco seasoning
1 jar (16 ounces) thick and chunky medium salsa
1/4 cup thick and smooth taco sauce (mild, medium or hot)
1 cup light sour cream
1 can (4 ounces) fire-roasted diced green chiles
1 cup pimiento-stuffed olives, rinsed
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
4 cups Mexican blend shredded cheese, divided
1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
Heat oven to 350°F. Coat 9-by-13-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Pour broken shells into baking dish and set aside.
In large bowl, toss chicken with taco seasoning, rubbing chicken cubes with your fingers to thoroughly distribute seasoning.
In medium bowl, combine salsa, taco sauce and sour cream. Stir in chiles, olives and cilantro. Stir mixture into chicken and combine thoroughly. Blend in 3 cups cheese and chicken broth.
Pour mixture into prepared baking pan over broken taco shells. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and casserole is bubbly.
Friday, January 15, 2021
I kept thinking that it was Tuesday last night, but it was Thursday night. I guess this week flew by.
1. One little word bracelet. I picked out the word Fearless because I have anxiety & I look at the bracelet & it makes me realize that I can do anything.
2. Scrapbook paper. I got this paper from Ebay. I saw it a while ago at Michaels & it was on sale real cheap, but they didn't have it in the store. I'm a big scrapbooker & still working on a few Christmas pages.
3. Cute cats. The cats were lazing getting some sun together today. They don't like each other much.
We haven't been up to much lately, but I feel like I need to start taking more photos.
Thursday, January 14, 2021
Wednesday, January 13, 2021
Saturday, January 9, 2021
This book is cute so far. It's about a woman that is a widow. She owns a bookstore & meets with her other widow friends. They decide to do a list of twenty wishes. She wants to learn to knit, fall in love again & volunteers at a school. She meets an 8 year old girl named Ellen. She helps her work on her list & they both learn that wishes can come true.
Friday, January 8, 2021
It's been a while since I did a Friday Favorites. Even before the holidays. I'm so happy that it's Friday. I had a headache for 3 days at the beginning of the week & everything else that went on this week.
1. Bracelet. I picked out this bracelet for Christmas. It's an Alex & Ani bracelet. I love it.
2. Lush bear soap. My hubby got me this bear. It's so cute that I don't want to use it. It smells really good. Coconut & peppermint. The scent lingers after your shower too.
3.Mug. This mug is from Target & it's become my favorite. They had another 1 that said Cup of Cozy, but it was the same mug, same color & all, so I didn't get it.
4. Planner. I ordered this planner on Amazon. It's smaller than I thought it would be, but I love the cover because I love plants.
Have a nice weekend.
Wednesday, January 6, 2021
Monday, January 4, 2021
Friday, January 1, 2021
1. Keep up with my scrapbooking pages & print photos once a month.
2. Color more.
3. Drink more water (I realized that I'm drinking only about 40oz of water a day. I have a tracker bottle).
4. Go to the dermatologist. (Back in January of 2020, I had planned on going to the dermatologist before I turned 50. So many other health things came up that I never made it there, but I will go in 2021).
5. Go to the gastro doctor. Also something I should have done in 2020, but didn't get to.
6. Get my Daith pierced on my right ear.
7. Change my stud on my tragus piercing that I had done in June of 2020. (I have to buy a stud & have them do it at the piercing place).
8. Design a tattoo of all of my fave things. I found a girl at a tattoo place near me that does awesome tattoos, so I want her to design a tattoo of my fave things. I might not get it for a few years, but I want to see what she comes up with.