Monday, April 6, 2020
Friday, April 3, 2020
1. This pillow from Five Below. Mercury retrograde is always a problem every time we have it. So you can Blame is on Mercury Retrograde.
I got this cute Home Sweet Home sign in the Dollar section from Target. I put it on the inside of our front door.
Wednesday, April 1, 2020
It looks like we will be in for the month of April. So we'll probably be doing a lot of stuff in our house & if the weather gets nicer out in the yard.
1. Make Easter cards.
2. Clean out firebox in the fireplace. We lit it once & there is all soot in it. It's driving me crazy. My hubby says he doesn't notice it. It's been a year & 1/2.
3. Get 5 scrapbook pages done.
4. Read a new book & finish it by the end of April.
5. Paint rocks.
6. Clean out my bedroom closet.
Tuesday, March 31, 2020
Yesterday I went to Target to pick up a few things that I ordered online. You pick up the stuff at customer service. I saw an extra bag with stuff in it. I thought I had gotten someone else's order, then I read this note. I love free samples. I'm not sure if all stores are doing this. Some of my friends said they've been there recently & didn't get any samples, so it could be just our store. I thought I would share just in case it's at your Target too. I haven't heard anything about this.
I got Goodiellow & co, Moroccan Mint & cedar Body wash, Arm & hammer odor blasters for your washing machine, Men's Degree deodorant spray & the red bag has gummies in it.
Friday, March 27, 2020
Hope you are all staying in & staying safe. I'm doing my best to stay in. I've been staying in for 3 days & then the 4th day going grocery shopping or other errands. But mostly letting my hubby pick up stuff on the way home from work.
1. We've been watching a few things on Netflix lately. I watched the 1st episode of "Santa Clarita Diet" the other day. It's pretty gross but funny. I had my hubby watch it last night & I think we are going to watch more episodes together. We are getting rid of Netflix on Monday, so we will have to binge-watch it. We'll be getting it back when Summer starts.
2. We watched "Murder Mystery" a few weeks ago. I really liked it. It was funny but a mystery & drama/action.
3. Tara made a chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting this week. It was really good & it cheered us up a bit.
Wednesday, March 25, 2020
Tuesday, March 24, 2020
Homemade Baked Macaroni & Cheese
- 8oz. elbow pasta
- 1tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 3 cups warmed milk
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 3 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder.
- Pasta: Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add macaroni and cook per packet directions.
- Drain, return pasta to pot, add butter and toss until melted. Set aside to cool while making the sauce.
- Topping: Mix together topping. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add flour and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- Add about 1 cup of the milk and mix with a whisk to dissolve the paste into the milk. Then add remaining milk and mix until lump free.
- Mix in salt and seasonings.
- Cook, whisking regularly, for 5 to 8 minutes until thickened to a cream consistency.
- Remove from stove, add cheese and stir - cheese doesn't need to melt.
- Adjust salt to taste.
- Pour sauce into pot with macaroni. Stir quickly, then pour back into the baking dish. Sprinkle with breadcrumb topping.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until top is light golden.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley. Serve and enjoy!
Sunday, March 22, 2020
I thought I would do some Spring nails this week. The purple is Orly Breathable, I don't see a color on this 1. Weird. Blue is Essie-In the cab-ana, Green is Orly-Vintage & the pink is Essie-One way for one.
Thursday, March 19, 2020
A lot of stuff has been going on in the world the past few weeks. Things are changing. I'm hoping we can all learn from the things that are going on. Like no more shaking hands (never again). Honestly I hate shaking people's hands. Maybe people will clean differently. Use Lysol wipes more on door knobs & sink handles, the fridge handle, light switches. I haven't been that great at doing that. Not use make up samples in Sephora or Ulta. Do not put the lipstick on your lips. I have swatched the lipstick on my hand, but then I clean it off right after. Spend more time with their families playing games & cooking together. There's so many more things that we can learn from this.