Wednesday, August 23, 2017
Tuesday, August 22, 2017
I got a Clinique moisturizer with a kit that I bought. I like this a lot.
I've noticed a few new brown spots lately, so I've been using this. It has vitamin C & E. It seems to be helping somewhat. I have been wearing spf since I was 30 on my face.
Sunday, August 20, 2017
1. I'm really bad at doing hair. I wanted a daughter really bad so I could practice doing hair, but she won't let me touch her hair.
2. I hate wearing glasses. I wore contacts for 30 years, had eye surgery & it didn't help, so now I am back to wearing glasses all-the-time, after all these years. It sucks big time.
3. I'm a cat person. You probably already knew that if you've checked out my blog.
4. My favorite colors are purple, blue & pink.
5. I hate mushrooms, eggplant & peas.
6. I haven't eaten red meat or pork since 1984.
7. I didn't have the chicken pox until I was 27.
8. I grew up in the city, in the suburbs of Boston. I have a horrible Boston accent.
9. I have always wanted to move somewhere that's warm year-round. I get seasonal depression starting September 1st. So coming up soon.
10. I don't like sports. I think they are all so boring.
Saturday, August 19, 2017
Friday, August 18, 2017
We went camping yesterday overnight. I'm not a camper, so I only planned on staying overnight. We knew it was going to rain all day today. So this morning it was pouring heavy downpours. My hair was soaked & my pants. I didn't bring sneakers, so I only had my flip flops on & my feet were dirty & cold. So I couldn't wait to get home. Anthony brought me home around 2:30. We are only around 45 minutes away from Pawtuckaway. Anthony & Tara are staying there until Sunday. So a quiet/relaxing weekend for me.
When we checked in, the ranger showed us this walking stick bug. I don't think I ever saw 1 in person before.
Making slime at the camp site & selling it. I think they made like $6. They split it.
Wednesday, August 16, 2017
Lately I've been trying to step out of my comfort zone & do some things that I wouldn't normally do. Having Fibromyalgia you feel awkward a lot. You feel a bit dizzy & lose your balance & noise bothers you, so sometimes you avoid certain things. So I'm trying harder to not let my anxiety stop me from doing certain things. I'm trying to stay calmer & tell myself that I can do it. Whatever that is. We'll be going to meet Tara's new teacher on August 28th. So that means traffic, loud kids & crowds. But hey no big deal right? Well to me it kind of is, but I can do it. I'm trying to think positive about it. Some things you just have to do, so you have to deal with it & get it over with. Then you feel better that you did it. With anything remember that you can do it, face it head on & be proud that you did it.
Tuesday, August 15, 2017
Summer is so close to being over. It makes me so sad. We have a few weeks to try to do the things on our Bucket list. We will be going camping overnight later this week. Still haven't gone on a bike ride or to town beach or our rail trail, but we might still make it. Mercury is retrograde, so that can make travel plans not go so well. Always be careful traveling during retrograde. I am already feeling it. I've been kind of down & gloomy the past few days, but the weather doesn't help.
Monday, August 14, 2017
We found out who Tara has for a teacher on Friday. She knows who she is. Hopefully she'll like her. She also found out that she has 3 of her best friends in her class this year, so she is really excited. 1 is on the bus with her, so they'll be together a lot. She goes back August 30th. Counting down.
Saturday, August 12, 2017
Friday, August 11, 2017
I'm linking up this week for Friday Favorites.
1. These new sugar skull shorts from Walmart. They were on clearance for $5. They are really comfy & have pockets.
2. Our garden & flowers. Our tomato plants are getting so tall. They are starting to turn color. They seem to be late this year. The sunflowers are getting tall too.
3. My new Julie G nailpolish. I will be posting it in a few weeks. I want to do a few fun nail manis for the end of Summer.
4. Dove shower foam. I love any foam soap, so this makes me really happy. I got the cucumber & green tea scent.
5. Love & Light hand cream from Lush. A friend gave it to me & I really like it.
Wednesday, August 9, 2017
It's hard to believe that it's been a year already. Last year at the time was a really bad time for our family. My brother had been in the hospital for 2 weeks hooked up to tubes & then in a coma. He passed away with my Dad & a few friends in the room. Until we meet again.
Tuesday, August 8, 2017
We went back to school shopping today at Walmart & we had to food shop too. It tooks 3 hours. My feet are still killing me.
We got most of the things on the list. She needs a few more notebooks & folders. She was picking out the biggest sizes of everything. Like glue sticks. She only needed 2 & she got a pack of like 12, so I put it back. She had a pack of 16 highlighter pens when she only needed 6. So I'm thinking that maybe next year I'll go shopping without her.
We still need to go to Target or Staples to get a few more things.
Monday, August 7, 2017
I'm joining in with a Blog called The Blended Blog. This is kind of hard to read, but you can see the questons & answers below. Feel free to join in.
1) Pool, lake or ocean? Ocean .
2) Camping, cottage or hotels? Hotels.
3) Favorite ice cream flavor? Chocolate & I add M&M's
4) PJ’s, Nightgown, T-Shirt/Shorts or Birthday Suit? T-shirt & shorts.
5) Fave Summer Beverage? Vanilla coke, chai tea, matcha tea or margaritas.
6) Would you rather be hot or cold? Hot.
7) Sandals with heels or flats? Sandals with heels.
8) Shorts or skirts? Shorts.
9) Sit in the sun or the shade? Shade. I burn easy.
10) Water, tea, or soda? All 3.
11) Fave summer fruit, vegetable? Strawberries.
12) Sunrise or sunset? Sunset.
13) Bike ride or walk? I like both, but probably walk.
14) Winery or brewery? Winery
15) Garden or no garden? Garden. Ours is pretty big.
16) Big summer concert or music in the park? Big Summer concert.
17) Fave cookout food? Desserts, all of them.
18) Dine indoors or patio? Patio.
19) Favorite summer destination? The pool!
20) Big theme park or local carnival? Big theme park
21) Drinks blended or on the rocks? On the rocks
22) Popsicle or freezie flavor of choice? Root beer
23) Hot dog or hamburger? Neither. I don't eat meat.
Sunday, August 6, 2017
I started this book a few days ago. I really like it so far. I'm only on chapter 2. It's about a girl named Mallory Shepard who cancels her wedding because of her cheating fiance. Then she inherits a ramshackle mansion in her ex's hometown. A body is found on her front lawn & she vows to unveil the killer. I will post an update when I finish it & let you know if I liked the whole book. I think there is also a 2nd book in the series.
Saturday, August 5, 2017
So the Drama Queen is 10 & going into 5th grade. 25 more days. I wanted to do some type of school work with her over the Summer. Extra reading & math. I was hoping to teach her to type & write in cursive. None of that has happened yet. I'm thinking that we are running out of time. It's so hard to avoid the School Summer Slump. I want her to be ready & maybe ahead a little bit with the typing. The last teacher said they will mostly be using a computer in 5th grade. I'm not sure how other parents do it with their kids. They want to sit around in pjs & facetime their friends, not sit down & do math.
Friday, August 4, 2017
Thursday, August 3, 2017
I love having alone time. I feel like it's something that I need in life to recharge, It's tough being a mom, so you need you alone time to write in your journal, make lists,read a book etc... I've always loved being alone. I know some people always want other people around & hate being alone. With me having fibro, noise & other stuff makes me want a break from being around people. Do you like having alone time or always having people around?
Wednesday, August 2, 2017
Tuesday, August 1, 2017
I can't believe that it is August. I am sad that it is August & Summer will be over soon, but I am really excited for Back to School. 29 more days. We go back so late, but the kids don't get out until almost the end of June. I know some kids are going back this week or next, I wish. It should go fast.
Anyway, plans for August. Day trips & camping (I'm not a camper). That's about it.
I've been doing good at getting rid of clutter. I threw away 10 really old nail polishes yesterday. 2 were so old that when I went to pull the brush out it came right off the stick. I have more to go through. Plus clothes. I want to get rid of lots of clothes. That might have to wait until T goes back to school. So things are moving along. Anthony has off the week of the 14th, but he overbooked us to go camping. I'm not going the whole time that they do. Just overnight for 1 night. I plan on doing some scrapbooking while they are away.
July was lots of birthdays & cake & food. I'm hoping things will slow down now with the parties & stuff, so I can avoid eating so bad. I need to get healthy. I will be meeting my new primary care doctor in September for my yearly check up & want to lose a bit of weight before then & make sure my cholesterol isn't high.