Saturday, October 14, 2017

Lipsense review

Not sure if you've heard of Lipsense, but I have heard a lot of people raving about it. So when I got a chance to try Lipsense I was really excited. I chose the Persimmon liquid lipstick & got a matte gloss with it. They also have different glosses to chose from. 1st you put on the liquid lipstick & then put the gloss over it. The gloss is moisturizing shea butter based. It is a system that must be used together to work. It comes with directions. You have to put it on clean/dry lips & apply color in 3 thin layers (waiting between layers) & then apply the gloss at least 5 seconds after color. Lipsense is a long lasting liquid lip color that is guaranteed to last 4-18 hours. It is waterproof, smudge proof, kiss proof & non-drying. It is lead-free, wax free, gluten free, vegan, kosher & not tested on animals. Sounds great doesn't it?




 I love the color that I picked. It's really pretty. It did stay on really good.You can mix different colors. There are 40 colors to chose from. Apply a different color with each layer.  It does tingle a bit when you put it on. The tingling can be noticed more by someone that has very dry lips. My lips are really dry. The tingling sensation is cause by the cosmetic grade alcohol which creates a bacteria free environment in the tube. It took me a few tries to get it to go on right & look good. It's a bit different than most lip products, but that's why it works so good. I kind of wish it had a better scent/taste to it though. The gloss doesn't really have a scent. This is a swatch that I did. The color matches our deck.


To remove Lipsense you can use Ooops remover (sold by the company), an oil based make up remover, a neutrogena bar soap or castille soap. I used coconut oil before & today I used some wipes that I had in the car to remove the swatch. It really does stay on good, so it isn't going to come off on it's own. Would I recommend this product? Yes, I would. If you would like to try it I have a discount code to share with you. Use the code bloggymoms15 at check out for a 15% discount. Go to Red Gate Beauty to order.

No comments: