Sunday, March 13, 2011

Homemade granola recipe

Homemade granola recipe

1/4 cup vegetable oil (can do canola if you want)
2/3 cup honey (I usually warm the honey in microwave to make mixing easier. Its just smoother this way)
3 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup almonds (coarsely chopped)
1/2 cup cashews

Then I literally just pour in some sesame seeds, some flax, and some wheat germ.

Combine all dry ingredients and then dump in the honey and veg. oil. Mix until honey and oil mixture evenly coats the dry mix.

Then put that mixture onto baking sheets (one or two) - should be spread out on baking sheet (and line baking sheet w/ aluminum foil).

Bake for 1 1/2 hour at 225. I take it out every 20 minutes and stir it up to make sure it bakes evenly.

Once golden brown, dump granola into big bowl and add at least a cup of some mixture of raisins, cranberries, dried cherries -whatever dried fruit you'd like to try. I usually do a little more than a cup. Stir in the dried fruit and just let cool. Then when done, just store in a tightly sealed container.

1 comment:

Emily D. said...

Mmm, thanks for sharing this! I love granola... we are always buying it. I never thought about making it myself.