Friday, December 31, 2010
2. Organize. I'm good at getting organized, but bad at staying organized. So I'm going to find a place for everything & go out & buy organizing items.
3. Re-decorate our house. We've lived in our house for 3 years now. It needs some updating. I want to buy some new pillows for the living room couches, new frames, candles etc..
4. Eat Healthier. I know that's a given, but I feel that all 3 of us have been eating really unhealthy for the past 6 months. I want to start good habbits for Tara. It's hard because she's so picky like me.
5. Worry less. I'm a Cancer, so I'm a total worrier & I hate it.
6. More family time. Spend more time as a family watching movies & hanging out.
7. Simplify. Continue cleaning out the closets & getting rid of things. Donate more items.
8. Couponing. I've been couponing for a few years, but I want to really get better at it & save my family as much as I can.
9. New stores. I love to shop & there are tons of stores that I never go in. Like Urban outfitters, American eagle, J Crew, Abercrombie, Banana republic & more. Most of them aren't my style, but ya never know, I could find a cute headband or purse in 1 of the stores. Even if I don't like the clothes.
I might come up with a few more things this weekend.
Thursday, December 30, 2010
1 clogged bathroom sink
1 leaking dishwasher
1 leaking snowblower (in our garage that is hitched to our house, leaking a huge gas puddle ont the floor & the odor is coming up through the vents & giving me a headache since Monday)
2 burnt out lightbulbs in the bathroom
1 bathroom towel rack with the screw coming out of the wall
20 tangled necklaces
1 broken jewelry box
All this =s 1 Grumpy Mama
Wednesday, December 29, 2010
Tuesday, December 28, 2010
A Lolita glass from 1 of my friends.
Got some cool gift cards. Another one on the way.
My friend in VA sent these Bud mints (thought it was a cute container). Her b/f works for Bud. She got me some really cool pink earrings, that I wore 2 days in a row.
Monday, December 27, 2010
Click on Java's button above for info.
She asked 5 questions.
1. What are your New Year's Eve plans?
2. How tall are you?
3. What is your favorite pudding flavor?
4. What room of the house do you blog the most in?
5. What is your best physical feature?
1.Not really sure what we are doing for New year's eve. Probably go out to eat & have drinks & then celebrate at home.
2. 5'3". Java, I've found that every doctor you go to tells you that you are a different height. I've been told that I'm 5'2", 5'1" & 5'3". I'm sticking with 5'3" since that's what I've always been.
3. My Fave pudding is chocolate.
4. I blog in my office (our guest room) it's all cute & girlie & hot pink, black & white.
5. Best physical feature. I would have to say my eyes. They are blue with gold specks, so they look green. I've learned how to play with make-up to bring them out & which colors look best. Also my hair.
Sunday, December 26, 2010
they can be found at CafePress. Stay-tuned, my review/giveaway will be coming very soon.
Thursday, December 23, 2010
Wednesday, December 22, 2010
Tuesday, December 21, 2010
Monday, December 20, 2010
We got this pasta, sauce & olive oil from A's friends.
The pasta looks really cool, but it doesn't have directions on how long to cook it. I did 7 minutes & then checked it & did it for another 3 minutes. I also read the ingredients & it has spinach, beets & squid ink. Um, squid ink. I googled it & this is what it says~
"Any type of pasta that has been enhanced with the chemical substance extracted from the ocean squid so it becomes very black in color. Squid ink, which is also available from the Cuddlefish (related to the Squid family), is added to the water and dough as pasta is made, creating very black colored pasta".
So I think I'm going to pass on the black pasta shells. I'm very picky & don't eat a lot of things. Not sure if I can eat the spinach or beet pasta either. I know most likely they won't have a taste to them, but don't think I can bring myself to eat them.
Every Sunday Java will post five get to know you questions that you can copy and paste into your own Monday post and we can all learn a little more about each and every one of us!! Click on her button above for more info.
1. What will your Christmas dinner consist of?
2. Do you watch commercials or flip through the channels?
3. How long will you leave your Christmas decorations up?
4. What movie makes you cry every time you watch it?
5. Do you have a Facebook?
1. We will be having stuffed shells & Pillsbury Grands biscuits. My FIL usually makes stuffed mushrooms & we'll have some type of chocolate dessert. Probably chocolate cake.
2. If I'm sitting still I fwd the commercials (when I'm watching my dvr) other wise I let them play.
3. We'll take our tree down New years weekend. On Sunday.
4. I can't think of any.
5. Yes, I have a Facebook page. I HATE Facebook though. I just think it's so boring. I mostly go on there to see if any of my relatives or friends added any photos & then get off.
Sunday, December 19, 2010
The 1st thing on My Happy List for the week is Tara's potty training. She's been using the potty for a week. Things went so great. She actually went potty at our friend's house a few times today. Yay.
(This is her on the potty)
We decided on a pre-school. She starts on Jan 7th. She has 4 friends that go there. Fun times. I was thinking last night, that I can actually do my pilates video while she's in school. After the 1st few weeks, Anthony will be dropping her off at school & I will pick her up. So I can exercise & get some housework done on Fridays.
I'm also so glad that Christmas will be over soon & things can get back to normal. We've been so busy & so much going on. I just want to be able to relax. I'm starting to feel like this guy.
I've seen that lots of the Country has been getting snow storms. I'm greatful that we haven't had any so far. I know it will be coming soon & I'm sure we'll make up whatever we didn't already get.
Saturday, December 18, 2010
Friday, December 17, 2010
This is Tara helping carry my purse today in Kohls.
We got home & these lovely chocolates (from Van Otis chocs) were waiting for us. I e mailed a pic to hubs in work & he wrote back & said "we can bring them out on X-mas day". haha. He thinks there will be some left still?
Thursday, December 16, 2010
It was somewhat easy to put together. My husband did that. He had a little trouble in the beginning & then he figured it out. It's so strange seeing my little girl in a big bed.
Wednesday, December 15, 2010
Tuesday, December 14, 2010
Photo: Ryan Benyi; Styling: Karen Tack
Cute Snowman cookies
Dress up refrigerated sugar cookie dough to make these super-cute snowmen. Let your kids give them personality by decorating with holiday candies.
2/3 cup of all-purpose flour
16 1/2-oz. roll of refrigerated sugar-cookie dough
M&M's Minis buttons
Preheat oven to 350°F. Knead 2/3 cup of all-purpose flour into a 16 1/2-oz. roll of refrigerated sugar-cookie dough.
Tear off a piece of dough and roll it in your palms to form a 3/4 -inch ball. Roll a slightly larger piece into a 1-inch ball, and a still slightly larger piece into a 1 1/4-inch ball. Repeat with remaining dough. Place 1 of each size ball close together on parchment lined baking sheets; flatten balls slightly.
Bake cookies for 12 minutes. Cool on rack. Pipe frosting for scarves and to attach M&M's Minis buttons, mini-chocolate chip eyes, snowflake sprinkles and Hershey's Kisses for hats. Makes 8.
Note: In the photograph shown, we covered the cookies in white frosting and piped red frosting for the scarves. We also added mini-chocolate chips to make the snowmen smile.
All You, DECEMBER 2008