Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Giving blood

I never gave blood before. Back when they use to have blood drives at my old job, I didn't weigh enough to give blood. Yes, I can definitely give blood now. haha. I was watching Extreme home makeover the other night & it had a girl on that had a rare anemic disorder & she had to get blood transfusions a lot. She was saying how important it is to give blood & how there is a shortage. So I want to give blood soon. I looked online for some local blood drives, but didn't see any going on right now. I have a doc appointment on Monday, so I'm going to ask my doc where I can go. I'm not sure if I could just give blood there. I want to find out what blood type T has too in case of an emergency. I was told by her pediatrition that I have to call the hospital that she was born at to find out. I haven't gotten around to it yet. I found out what blood type I have about 10 years ago & my hubby doesn't even know his.

2 comments:

angie said...

I've never given blood either. My sister gave blood in high school once and then passed out in biology class! Ha ha!

The Chocoholic said...

Hi.
I'm stopping by from SITS to say Hello!

Great Post!