Friday, October 10, 2008

I am not a baker


I found a cool blueberry muffin recipe on someone's blog a few weeks ago (I can't remember who's blog it was). So I bought a muffin pan & other stuff to make them. I started making them this morning & realized that I didn't have enough sugar. So I had to put the bowl in the fridge with tinfoil over it. I headed out to get sugar & ended up at the park & the petting zoo there. So I finally got sugar & came home. I had put the blueberries in the microwave to thaw them. So they had been sitting out for about 3 hrs. There was a lot of juice in the measuring cup. I laughed thinking they were gonna come out really bad. They ended up tasting good after all of that. I don't bake often, but would like to & hope to get better at it. Someday I would like to take a cake decorating class & learn how to make chocolate. The next thing is for me to make something peanut butter & choc for Anthony's b-day on Tues.
Here is the recipe for the muffins


Blueberry Sour cream muffins
4 eggs, beaten
1 cup of veg oil
2 cups sour cream
2 cups sugar
2 cups blueberries
4 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
Mix ingredients together (don't overmix)
folding in blueberries last (and gently)
Bake at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes (24 to be exact)

3 comments:

jennykate77 said...

Sounds oh-so-yummy! My little boy LOVES blueberry muffins. So, I just copied this over and printed it out. I'll give them a try...they look delish!

Thanks for sharing!

Carey said...

These look really yummy...I wonder how they would taste subbing bran flour for the flower. I might have to try this soon :)

Erin said...

They look yummy! I usually make blueberry muffins from a boxed mixed that includes canned blueberries...the directions say to drain the blueberry juice but I never do. I like how it makes the whole muffins sort of blue and taste like blueberries! :)