Sunday, April 8, 2018

Getting Healthy



 I've been wanting to eat healthier & get more exercise. I got a Garmin fitbit for Christmas, so I've been wearing that, but have had a hard time getting to 10,000 steps. At my old job there was a contest to win a day off or something like that, so we all wore pedometers & walked all over the place. We didn't win, but I hit 10,000 steps everyday with that. My main thing is wanting to get out & walk. So hopefully within the next week I can start doing that. It was only 41 degrees today.
 The next thing is food. I want to start making smoothies, but I am picky. Orange juice makes me nauseous & I only like strawberries, blueberries & bananas for fruit. Yogurt doesn't agree with my stomach, so I'll probably use almond milk. I found this recipe that I want to make this week.

Healthy Chocolate Banana Smoothie

Prep time: 5 minutes
Servings: 2 people

Ingredients:

1 cup Almond Breeze chocolate milk
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
2 frozen bananas
1 handful of baby spinach about 1/4 cup

Instructions:

1. In a blender add the chocolate almond milk, unsweetened cocoa powder, frozen banana slices and baby spinach.
2. Blend until thick and smooth.
3. Serve and enjoy immediately.

The better weather is coming someday. I know it will. haha. So I want to fit into my Summer clothes. I saw my nutritionist about a year or year & 1/2 ago & she gave me a folder with notes. I need to find that. I never even really looked at it. So I'm hoping to get ideas of food to eat.

No comments: