Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Giving blood

I never gave blood before. Back when they use to have blood drives at my old job, I didn't weigh enough to give blood. Yes, I can definitely give blood now. haha. I was watching Extreme home makeover the other night & it had a girl on that had a rare anemic disorder & she had to get blood transfusions a lot. She was saying how important it is to give blood & how there is a shortage. So I want to give blood soon. I looked online for some local blood drives, but didn't see any going on right now. I have a doc appointment on Monday, so I'm going to ask my doc where I can go. I'm not sure if I could just give blood there. I want to find out what blood type T has too in case of an emergency. I was told by her pediatrition that I have to call the hospital that she was born at to find out. I haven't gotten around to it yet. I found out what blood type I have about 10 years ago & my hubby doesn't even know his.

1 comment:

angie said...

I've never given blood either. My sister gave blood in high school once and then passed out in biology class! Ha ha!