Sunday, January 30, 2011
Friday, January 28, 2011
Wednesday, January 26, 2011
Our local Walmart finally got Wet & Wild's Beetle nailpolish. It was on my Christmas stocking list, but it seems like Santa couldn't find it. It came with this cute purple heart ring. I love the color. It's on my thumb & pointer fingers.
I also noticed these new scented Revlon nailpolishes. I was going to buy the blueberry one, but I took a pic & totally forgot to put it in my cart.
Tuesday, January 25, 2011
Don't forget CSN Stores has over 200+ online stores. Valentine's day will be here in a few shorts weeks.
Monday, January 24, 2011
Maine Things To Do - 101 Things To Do In Vacationland
1. See a Puffin
2. Tour Maine's Islands
3. Experience The North Woods
4. Sail with the Wind
5. Climb Katahdin
6. Discover Whoopies
7. Catch / Eat Lobster
8. Feed a Moose, No Dont!!
9. Skate Maine Skate Parks
10. See The Alewives
11. Get Real, Get Maine Products
12. Maine Foodies - Take The Maine Culinary Trail
13. Visit the Maine Desert
14. Be a WinterKid!
15. Fundy, Low Tide, High Tide
16. Dig into a Maine Potato
17. Take in a Local Theater Show
18. Maine’s Grand Canyon
19. Tap a Maple
20. Pick Maine Apples
21. Visit a Maine Lighthouse
22. Dig for Gems - Mine Maine!
23. Maine Art and Artist’s
24. 101 Maine Museums
25. Stop at a Maine Diner or Cafe
26. Leaf Peepin
27. Candlepin Bowling
28. Build Your Own Boat
29. Try Ice Skating
30. Visit a Maine College or University
31. Whale Watch !!
32. Hike To A Waterfall
33. Try some Maine Chowdah
34. Pick a Maine Beach
35. Hunting in Maine
36. Read Thoreau, Carson, Longfellow, King, and more…
37. Walk The Freedom Trail
38. Birding in Maine
39. Portland Observatory
40. Southworth Planetarium
41. Find a Maine Blueberry
42. Maine Boats and Boat History
43. Maine’s story Revealed..
44. Its the Water….Bottled Water
45. Raft Maine’s Whitewater
46. Checkout Maine’s Jewelry, Tourmaline and other Maine Gems
47. Maine Chocolate - Its Sweet!!
48. Visit LL Bean and Freeport
49. Get close to nature on Horseback
50. Go Off-Road
51. Get a Piece of Maine
52. China, Mexico, Paris, Sweden.....Maine?
53. Kayak Maine
54. Stroll Maine’s Gardens
55. Maine Movie Tour
56. Kick Back with Nature
57. All Aboard, Maine’s Trains
58. Stay at a Bed and Breakfast
59. Maine’s Beer, Best in the World
60. See Maine From Above - Charter a Maine Plane, Helicopter or Balloon Tour
61. Have a Clambake, know where to Clam
62. Bike Maine
64. See Maine’s Bridges
65. Surfing in Maine?
66. Remember The Maine!!
67. Stay at a Camp-Maine’s Summer Camps
68. Visit a Harbor Town
69. Check Out Moosehead
70. Amusement Parks
71. Maine Festivals and Fairs
72. Meet a Farmer at the Farmers Market
73. Go to a Race Track
74. Bet on Maine - Racino and Off Track Betting
75. Explore Maine Parks
76. Visit a Maine Lake
77. Find out about Maine’s Native Americans
78. See The First Sunrise - In America
79. Take in a scenic Drive
81. Golf Maine
82. Ski Maine
83. Fort Knox
84. Stay in a Yurt
85. Its Paper!
86. Skydive Maine
87. See The Salt Marsh
88. Take a Hike
89. Use a Maine Guide
90. Snowmobile Maine
91. Stay at a Maine Sporting Camp
92. See a Maine Hockey Game
93. Buy Some Earmuffs - invented in Maine!
94. Visit a Maine Winery
95. Drink Moxie!!
96. See Eartha - The Worlds Largest Rotating Globe
97. See The Old Sow
98. Bet on a Good Time at Scarborough Downs
99. Visit The Maine State Aquarium
100. Check out Maine’s Local Music
101. See/Ride Trolleys in MaineHave a suggestion for a great Maine Thing To Do?
Copyright 2009-2010 Maine Things To Do - 101 Things To Do In Vacationland - all rights reserved site template design by brick.city.media
Sunday, January 23, 2011
Then I got these Skechers shape ups boots (sorry the pic is so small)
Then I found these Bearpaw boots @ Macys for $60, so I got those.
Saturday, January 22, 2011
Friday, January 21, 2011
Thursday, January 20, 2011
or buy a buy a funny t-shirt. They have customized cases for ipads & iphones, mugs, hoodies, aprons, totes & tons more. Also babies, children & dogs t-shirts.
I got to review this Peace Love Shop shirt. I'm not really big on orange, but I think it's really cute. I originally ordered a size Large & it came & was really big. I contacted Chris @ Cafepress & he sent me out a size Medium right away. The shirts do seem to run big. It's very comfy & I'll be wearing this shirt a lot.
Go to Cafepress & see all that they have to offer. Valentine's Day isn't far away, so start looking now.
Cafe Press is offering one reader of Rantings of a Drama Queen's Mum a $30 gift card to their shop.
1. Follow my blog on google friend connect (Entries that don't follow the mandatory entry will not count)
Extra entries (Not mandatory. Leave one comment for each)
Giveaway ends on Thursday, 2/3/11 @10:00PM est. Open to US residents only. Winner will be chosen via random.org. I will notify the winner in a post and by email. If winner doesn’t respond in 48 hours, a new winner will be chosen.
Hefty® Basics™ has partnered with the Arbor Day Foundation™ on a quest to plant 10,000 trees, one for every ten new “Like”s on Facebook.
Wednesday, January 19, 2011
The next projects that he is going to do, is paint the downstairs bathroom & the upstairs bathroom & he's going to build a shelf for the bathroom & 2 for the kitchen. Can't wait.
Sunday, January 16, 2011
They have featured restaurants, Destination towns, local chefs, recipes & more great pages.
Friday, January 14, 2011
There is a pocket with a zipper inside & it comes with a matching little wallet/coin purse that is hitched, so you won't lose it. It's very roomy to fit all of my stuff. You can have your name, initial or monagram added to it. The red velvet tote would be great to use @ Christmas-time or maybe for your Valentine date night or anytime of year. Go to Simply-bags if you are looking for cute tote bags, diaper bags, cosmetic bags, beach bags etc....
Thursday, January 13, 2011
I went today & got a free lemon germ gel (T picked it out), a holder & a full-size Sea Island Cotton soap.
Wednesday, January 12, 2011
Tuesday, January 11, 2011
This is a wine journal, but I thought it was really cute.
Monday, January 10, 2011
I got this polka dot tote @ X-mas tree shop. Not sure where I'm going to put it or what I'll put in it.
I got these 1s @ Target in the dollar section.
Sunday, January 9, 2011
Saturday, January 8, 2011
I love this pillow below. I have it on the bed in my office (guest room) right now, but might put it in the living room @ the beginning of February.
Friday, January 7, 2011
Thursday, January 6, 2011
Wednesday, January 5, 2011
Tuesday, January 4, 2011
It's a new year! Get 52 tips to better your health in 2011!
1. Try something new.
2. Make a New Year’s resolution.
3. Lift weights.
4. Have protein before a workout. You can drink a protein shake or drink a glass of milk.
5. Get out of your cardio rut.
6. Peel and eat an orange before a meal. It will force you to slow down, and it will fill
7. Carry cash, because studies found that people who pay for meals with cash make
healthier choices than those who pay with a credit card.
8. Eat at least one meal per week in complete silence by turning off the radio, TV and cell
phones while you eat.
9. Brush your teeth after eating.
10. Eat in front of a mirror. Studies have found that doing so cuts the amount you eat.
Looking at yourself while you eat may help remind you of your weight-loss goals.
11. Carry cinnamon sticks to help stop smoking. They are about the same size as a
cigarette and they offer a spicy sensation that’s pleasant in your mouth.
12. Carry honey straws to help stop smoking. They can serve as a replacement to
handling cigarettes, energize you and can even help soothe a lingering cough.
13. Drink ice-cold water through a straw to help stop smoking. It will stimulate brain
activity like a cigarette but without the toxins.
14. Fight acne with a nutmeg paste.
15. Soothe stomachaches with nutmeg.
16. Ease toothaches with nutmeg oil.
17. Drink pickle juice for sore muscles and cramps.
18. Remove nail stains with whitening toothpaste.
19. Treat blisters with antiseptic mouthwash.
20. Treat urinary tract infections by drinking a glass of ½ tsp. of baking soda and 8 oz.
21. Drink beet juice to help beat dementia.
22. Fight aging by eating Chia seeds.
23. Teach your partner where you like to be touched by showing him or her.
24. Get radiant skin with a champagne scrub.
25. Scrub feet with strawberries.
26. Remove age spots with sake.
27. Give yourself a grape manicure.
28. Eat cheese to prevent wine-stained smiles.
29. Use apples to combat aging.
30. Moisturize before you shower to give your skin extra protection. The steam of the
shower will open up your pores for deeper moisturizing.
31. Hydrate from the inside out.
32. Eat foods that contain probiotics to break down allergens.
33. Use a nasal rinse to flush allergens and mucus.
34. Reduce dust mites.
35. Perform a summer skin check.
36. Avoid caffeine before a bikini wax.
37. Fight colds with eucalyptus oil.
38. Turn off the TV and engage in thought-provoking conversation to help spice up your
39. Start surfing to relieve stress
40. Eat immunity-boosting foods like garlic, mushrooms and pistachios.
41. Treat childhood constipation with the four Ps: prunes, pears, plums and peaches.
42. Treat cradle cap with olive oil, then gently remove the crust with a soft toothbrush.
43. To ease earaches, apply a warm washcloth to the ear or put a few drops of warm olive
or garlic oil into your child’s ear. Test the temperature of the oil beforehand, to make sure
it isn’t too hot. Consult with your doctor if your child experiences an earache, and don’t
put anything in the ear if it is draining fluid or pus.
44. Feel confident in your skin and kick the sheets off to turn your partner on.
45. Do yoga to improve heart health, lower blood pressure, improve flexibility and
46. Take your vitamin D.
47. Eat vegetables high in carotene, such a butternut squash, sweet potatoes, pumpkin,
kale and spinach, to decrease your risk of breast cancer. Try to eat them raw or lightly
steamed so they retain their health benefits.
48. Ditch white carbohydrates such as sugar, bread, pasta and rice and eat whole grains
and beans instead.
49. Limit your alcohol consumption to keep your risk of breast cancer down.
50. Maintain a healthy weight to reduce your risk of breast cancer.
51. Get your annual mammogram.
52. Halt the Salt in your diet.
I saw this on The Doctors tv show . You can find a video explaining these more on the website. I thought some were really good tips.