Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Hot Vanilla

I had never heard of this before, but I sounds really yummy. I got it on the Family fun website. I'll be making it soon.

Hot vanilla

Turn the classic hot-chocolate treat on its head by serving up steaming mugs of this vanilla-flavored tummy warmer -- topped with dollops of chocolaty cream.
Ingredients
1/2 cup of whipping cream
1 tablespoon of chocolate syrup
Dash of cinnamon
1 cup of milk (per hot vanilla)
2 teaspoons of sugar (per hot vanilla)
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract (per hot vanilla)

Instructions
Start with the topping. In a medium bowl, whip 1/2 cup of whipping cream until it's frothy. Add 1 tablespoon of chocolate syrup and a dash of cinnamon, then continue to whip the mixture until everything is well blended and peaks form. Makes enough to top about 6 drinks.
For each hot vanilla, microwave 1 cup of milk and 2 teaspoons of sugar in a mug for 90 seconds. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Top with a dollop of chocolate cream, a drizzle of chocolate syrup, and a dash of cinnamon.

7 comments:

MoonNStarMommy said...

Oooooooooh that does sound nummy!

sprinkles said...

I'm not normally a fan of vanilla but this does sound tasty! And if I wanted to, I could switch out the vanilla extract with something else!

Karen M. Peterson said...

I am SO making this tonight!

Mommyof2girlz/StephD said...

I've never heard of it either but wow does it sound yummy!! Thanks for sharing :)

Wendy said...

oh delish! I definitely want to try this out:} Maybe it will satisfy my love of Starbucks white hot chocolate.

AiringMyLaundry said...

Yum!!

Kari said...

Yum. Sounds like something I need to try!