Sunday, October 4, 2009

Tired

We've been trying to get T to sleep in her big girl bed. It's not going so well. It all started on Thursday night. She woke up around 2am crying & having a fit. I put her light on & she had climbed out of the crib & was sitting on the floor shaking. We calmed her down, put her back in the crib & she ended up climbing out again. So that night she slept in the bed with us. Only the 2nd time ever that we've done that. She didn't sleep @ 1st, but finally ended up snoring. She won't sleep in the bed & think it's going to be a while. We're all very tired & cranky. She fell asleep on the floor a few times. Any suggestions for making things go more smoothly? I'm dreading bedtime. I don't think she'll be taking any naps anymore either.

7 comments:

The Queen of Clearance said...

I have no advice, sorry. SOme day when I have a little one hopefully you will be giving me advice :)

Liz Mays said...

Oh no, I hope it doesn't go on this way.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I so remember when my kids transitioned into "Big" beds...haha! Maybe it'll help if you spend some time in the bed...not for sleeping, but playing & reading. Hopefully it'll only take a little while longer:)
BTW, your wedding picture is so sweet! I love the scenery:)
Welcome to SITS!

My Trendy Tykes said...

Ay Yi Yi, I remember those days.

I did the SuperNanny trick.....I would sit there beside the bed (being very quiet) and each night I would get further and further away.

Everytime they would come in the other room. I wouldn't say anything. I would just put them right back into the bed.

I hated those times. At least with a crib, you could trap them in it.
LOL!

Pollyanna said...

I hated this phase! It's worse than an infant I think because there is so much more effort on your part in the middle of the night.

Best of luck to you!

MotherhoodFilm said...

Oh boy, do I remember those days. My only (or best?) advice is to stick with it. Don't give up. It WILL get better as she gets used to the routine.

Popping in from Twitter to let you know about my new movie about a Mommy Blogger! Follow me @MotherhoodFilm for chances to win tickets, prizes and more!

LZ @ My Messy Paradise said...

I wish I had better advice for you. It will get better. It has for us...after 2 years. Yep. 2 years of nightly visits and tantrums.