Saturday, October 3, 2009

Apple crisp

I made this today. My 1st apple crisp ever. It tasted better than it looks. haha. My only complaint was it needed more topping. The topping was the best part, but there just wasn't enough.

Apple crisp (courtesy of Rachael Ray's website. her sister bakes)

Ingredients
6 McIntosh apples, peeled and diced into 1/2-inch pieces
1/2 lemon, juiced
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground or freshly grated nutmeg
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/2 cup flour or fine graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 stick butter
1 pint vanilla ice cream

Directions
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a 9 by 12 baking dish, combine apples, lemon juice, cinnamon, nutmeg and sugar. In a small bowl, mix flour or graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar and butter together using the tines of a fork and your fingers, working until even, small crumbles form. Sprinkle topping evenly over apples and bake 15 to 20 minutes until apples are just tender and topping is golden brown. Top dishes of apple crisp with small scoops of vanilla ice cream. YUM!

9 comments:

Serenityville said...

Hey drama queen mom, looks quite delicious! But it's not very nice of you, since I'm dieting! Phooey. :) Happy Saturday Sharefest from SITS!

Kitty said...

Looks absolutely delicious!! I love to cook and bake so I will have to try this recipe.

Happy Saturday Sharefest from SITS!

Liz Mays said...

I love crisps of any kind! I think the crisp is my favorite part too.

Tabitha Blue said...

Ok, looks delish, and I love any kind of baked apples!!! Yum!

:)

~Tabitha

Amy said...

looks yummy!

Ashton Dene' said...

I love apple crisp!! I actually made pumpkin cupcakes tonight, we are such fall bakers!

Thanks for stopping by my blog, let me know if you decide to do the 100 day challenge!!

x, ash

Martha said...

Yum. I am looking forward to all of the apples we get to have this season. Thanks for sharing!

Hooray for SITS !

The Queen of Clearance said...

sounds soooooo yummy I am going to try it now! I have all of these apples and didnt know what to do with them!

Lori said...

Stopping by from SITS...

Nothing says Fall like going to the orchards and getting apples and pumpkins and then coming home to make Apple Crisp. YUM!!