Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Family urban legend

Since I started doing my family tree, I've come to realize that almost every family has an urban legend about them. Growing up I was told that my Great Great Grandfather posed for the Gloucester fisherman statue. He was a fisherman as was my Grandfather & my G Grandfather. I found an article on it a few years ago & e mailed the man who wrote it & he gave me 2 names of the guys who might have posed for it, but it wasn't anyone related to me. I was talking to my Dad last week & he said that there's a rumor that his G Grandmother was a cook for President Roosevelt. Also we heard that Anthony's Great Grandfather way back helped paint the sistine chappel. I just looked it up & there is a man that painted it with Anthony's Grandmother's maiden name. I think it's all real interesting.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Interesting. I wonder what I would find if I started digging.

Robin said...

Just wanted to let you know that I am following your blog:) Hope your doing well.