Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Facing your fears & anxiety

 


 

Facing things that scares you makes you feel better about yourself. I had a colonoscopy & endoscopy a week & 1/2 ago. This was my 4th colonoscopy, I think. But I was still a huge wreck before I got it. The whole week before. I just did not want to do it & also had a feeling that I didn't need to have it. My Dad had colon cancer & survived it, but now I have to get checked every 5 years. I wasn't supposed to go until Jan of 2022. So I was kind of bitter about going. lol. But my doctor really thought that I should get checked.They found a gastro polyp that is most likely benign. Then yesterday I had a mri. I had 1 last year because I have a microadenoma in my pituitary gland. So I need to get it checked every year. Also another thing to make me panic. Not as bad as the colonoscopy. The colonoscopy prep is horrible & I didn't sleep the whole night before. But I made it through it & it made me feel like I can do anything. Last years mri was pretty bad, but this year it wasn't as bad. They gave me headphones & I listened to Shinedown & kept my eyes closed. If you need to see a doctor make sure that you go. Even if you are worried & having anxiety about it. Don't put it off. You will feel a lot better after. Knowing you did it & made it through & that you hopefully are healthy.

No comments: