I made this recipe last night. I found it on The Weigland's blog & she found it on Joyful Momma's kitchen's blog. It was so delicious.
Baked Chicken Parmesan
5 thawed chicken breasts, cut to 1/2 to 1 inch thick
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 tsp red pepper flakes
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 (5 oz) bag Butter and Garlic croutons
2 cups marinara sauce. (I used Classico roasted tomato and basil)
1 Tbsp dried basil
3 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
2 cups parmesan cheese, grated
1. In a casserole dish, (I used an 11x9 foil pan) drizzle in the olive oil and sprinkle with red pepper flakes. Put the minced garlic evenly over the olive oil.
2. Layer on the chicken breasts in to the bottom of the pan.
3. Pour marinara sauce over top and sprinkle with the dried basil
4. Sprinkle 1 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and 1 cup parmesan cheese.
5. Top with croutons followed by remaining cheeses.
6. Bake for 55-65 minutes at 350 until chicken is 160 degrees.
This would be great served with a tossed green salad and breadsticks. Try the Olive Garden Breadsticks.