Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Boston you're my Home

 
 
I'm from the Boston area. I grew up about 15 minutes away. I lived in MA for 37 years. It will always be my home. I heard about the news & it made me so sad & angry. My hometown was being attacked. Some of my friends & family were there at the marathon (as far as I know they are all fine). A few days ago we were talking about going to Boston this Summer. Bringing Tara to the Museum of Science, Hard Rock Cafe & Faneuil Hall. Tara loves Boston. I was trying to watch the news a bit yesterday & Tara kept coming in my office. I told her what had happened, but later on wondered if I should have told her about it. Will she be afraid to go to Boston now? I'm hoping she'll kind of forget about it & won't be afraid to go there. We will be going there this Summer.

1 comment:

Jacqueline said...

I don't think you did the wrong thing in telling her. It does not sound like you allowed her to be overexposed to the news, which could potentially have had a much more lasting effect. As much as we want to shield our children, sometimes they need to be informed, not to be scared, but to know that they must have caution and limit trust to people they know well. I'm sure you all will have a fabulous time this summer!