Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Life as an Empath

Empath: A person who is capable of feeling the emotions of others despite the fact that they themselves are not going through the same situation.


I've known that I'm an empath for a while now. I hear other people's problems & take it on as my own. I want to save the world & fix everyone's problems. I know I can't do that, but it's hard to turn off those feelings of wanting to help everyone. For example, my brother had a stroke, can barely talk or move his hands, he is stuck in a wheelchair & is often angry. What can I do to help cheer him up? I imagine what it would be like to not be able to talk & do all the things I love. I was thinking maybe it would be nice for him to take a day trip to an animal shelter to see some dogs & other animals or maybe somehow he could get a service dog. My friend had colon cancer & I felt for her as she went to chemo every week or other week. All of this wears me down. I already have chronic fatigue & fibro & am always exhausted. I hate watching the news because it leaves me feeling sad & anxious. I hate hearing animal abuse stories or child abuse stories etc.... I would like to work on things to learn how to not feel so much, but it's not an easy thing. I'm planning on getting some books on the subject & crystals to help.

No comments: