I made this last week & it was so good. I didn't have corn on the cob, so I used a can of corn & also didn't use jalapenos.
SWEET CORN CHOWDER (From Maebels.com)
Photo from Pinterest/Maebels.com
1 small sweet onion, peeled and chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
6 ears sweet corn, husk and silk removed and cut from the cobb
2 fresh jalapeños, seeded and chopped
2 cups chicken broth
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
4 ounces reduced fat cream cheese (room temperature so it melts well)
⅓ cup heavy cream
1½ cup shredded sharp white cheddar cheese (Cabot New York Vintage is my favorite)
1. Heat a large sauce pan or dutch oven to medium heat.
2. Add olive oil and chopped onion, sauté for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add corn and chopped jalapeños, sauté for 2 more minutes.
4. Add broth, cumin, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper and stir well.
5. Cover and reduce heat to medium low, let simmer for 20 minutes.
6. Remove lid and add cream cheese, cream and cheddar, stir well. Let simmer uncovered for an additional 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
7. Garnish with cilantro and green onions if desired.