2 c. flour
¾ tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt1 c. sugar
¼ c. butter, softened
1 ½ c. mashed ripe bananas (about 3-4 medium bananas)
1/3 c. plain low fat yogurt or sour cream (I used yogurt)
½ c. chocolate chips
1. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cups and level. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
2. Cream sugar and butter. Add bananas, eggs, and yogurt/sour cream, beating until just blended. Add flour mixture. Beat on low until just moistened.
3. Microwave chocolate chips in a medium bowl for 1 minute. Stir until smooth. Cool slightly.
4. Add 1 c. batter to chocolate, stirring until well-combined.
5. Spoon chocolate batter alternately with plain batter (so you have stripes of plain and chocolate batter) in an 8 ½” x 4 ½” loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Swirl batters with a knife.
6. Bake at 350 for 1 hour and 15 minutes (give or take a little; I'd probably set your timer for 1 hour and 10 minutes to be safe) or until a knife comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan and then remove and cool completely on a wire rack. I did half with walnuts on top & half without.